At South River, experience living in a new way. It’s a place where time at home feels like a getaway. Where your backyard is a historic village to wander and natural trails lead you to hike and explore. This is a neighbourhood that is built for lemonade stands, bike rides and hopscotch.
Focused on the preservation and naturalization of the Elora countryside, South River is a community for outdoor living. From its mature trees to its thoughtfully landscaped setting, every detail has been considered for residents of South River. Manicured trails surround the perimeter and connect the parks throughout the site, making it easy to enjoy by foot or on a bike. Wander through the park and explore the naturalized playground, perfect for active play and butterfly watching.
The vision of this property was to celebrate the connection of the best of nature and community. From early morning meditations to romantic walks at dusk, your new community at South River will feel like a breath of fresh air.
South River is close to Elora’s beautiful and historic downtown and is just over an hour away from Toronto by Highway 401. Close to sister villages Fergus, Rockwood and Guelph, Elora is surrounded by equally beautiful towns to visit.
FEATURES & FINISHES
• Poured concrete basement floor• Poured concrete front veranda and garage floors
DOOR AND WINDOWS
• Low maintenance vinyl clad Low E Argon gas filled windows throughout• Insulated Low E Argon gas filled doors as per plan• Metal clad insulated person door from garage to house, as per plan• Premium low maintenance pre-finished garage door• Screens on all operating windows• Doors exceeding a 2’drop to exterior finished grade will be blocked to limit opening to 4” as per OBC
• High efficiency Energy Star qualified forced air gas furnace vented to exterior• Qualified programmable thermostat• Simplified ERV ventilation interconnected to furnace• Energy Star rated exhaust fans in all bathrooms and finished floor laundry (as per plan) vented to exterior• Vent to exterior for dryer (not connected)• Qualified Energy Star Central Air
• White China basins and pedestals (as per plan)• Kohler bathroom faucets in chrome finish• Water-saving toilet (white)• Double-bowl stainless steel undermount kitchen sink with chrome faucet• Main bath tub with Decor collection ceramic wall tiles• Ensuite tiled shower base with Decor collection ceramic wall tiles and glass door• Two hose bibs (predetermined location)• Single laundry tub in basement• Rough in for future three piece in basement (waste pipes only)• Water supply lines are “PEX” nontoxic plastic water piping to eliminate water hammer noise and reduces joints• Rental gas hot water unit. Purchaser acknowledges that this is a rental and agrees to a rental agreement with the supplier
• Copper wiring throughout• Interior and exterior light fixtures supplied by builder• Two exterior waterproof ground fault outlets• 100 Amp electrical service• Interconnected smoke detectors as per Ontario Building code• Interconnected carbon monoxide detectors as per Ontario Building Code• Ceiling outlet for future garage door opener• Heavy-duty cable outlet for electric dryer and stove• Cat5 rough in (2 per home, location predetermined)• Cable rough-in (2 per home, location predetermined)• Doorbell• Separate circuit for future OTR microwave
INSULATION AND DRYWALL
• House fully insulated to meet or exceed Energy Star requirements• Foundation wall R20 blanket• R27 in exterior walls and R60 in attic• Spray foam insulation when living space above garage• California knockdown ceiling throughout
• Euro choice cabinets by Barzotti• Cabinetry and countertops to be selected from Builder’s samples• Cabinet over stove adjusted for future over the range microwave• Granite countertops in kitchen and bathrooms (as per plan) to be selected from Builder’s samples
TRIM AND HARDWARE
• 4” colonial baseboard with 2 ¾” colonial casing around windows and doors• Closets featuring fully trimmed jambs with swing doors in lieu of bi-folds throughout• Textured doors with lever satin stainless steel hardware throughout• All exterior passage doors equipped with deadbolts• Chrome towel bars and paper holders in bathrooms• Shaker-style oak railing and/or handrail as per plan finish to be selected from Builder’s samples• Custom wire shelving in all bedroom and linen closets• Vanity mirrors in all bathrooms
• All trim and interior doors to be painted white (2 coats)• Walls to be painted Builder’s standard colour• All closet interiors to be white
• 5/8” tongue & groove sub floors, nailed and screwed to floor joists• Ceramic flooring as per plan to be selected from builder’s samples• Quality broadloom carpet throughout with standard under pad to be selected from builder’s samples (1 colour)
• Fiberglass Architectural laminated self-sealing shingles• All windows and exterior door frames caulked• Long life low maintenance fascia, soffits, eaves trough and downspouts• Garage door frames capped• Designer porch columns as per plan• Address stone above garage• Brick and stone as per architectural drawings. Non-brick portions will be constructed of long life low maintenance materials.• All exterior packages are preselected by builder
ABOUT THE BUILDER
Granite Homes and Gemini Homebuilders are proud to introduce a new community in Ontario's most beautiful village: Elora. We've decided to build this community together, as long-time neighbours and friends. Our commitment is, as always, to our customers, but also to Elora and its residents. We believe in building a community that will make Elora proud.
As homebuilders, we have both been recognized for our exceptional home designs, unsurpassed quality and genuine customer service. We're honoured to work with some of the region's top tradespeople, who are experts at their craft, to help consistently deliver the quality of home that we've become known for.
We strive to exceed customer expectations and provide superior after-sales service — every step of the way. From the moment you select your home, to the moment we hand you the keys, we genuinely believe that we're not just building a home - we're building memories.
Source: South River | Granite Homes
Assignment # 1